POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: Convention : Re: Convention Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:05:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Convention
From: Bob H
Date: 1 Jun 2001 14:04:31
Message: <3b17d92f@news.povray.org>
"Bill DeWitt" <bde### [at] cflrrcom> wrote in message

> "Harold Baize" <bai### [at] itsaucsfedu> wrote in message
> > Oh come on. The one place everyone loves, especially
> > those from outside the USA, is...
> >
> > SAN FRANCISCO
>
>     What! That would be the -last- place I would want to go! Crowds,
> pollution, crime, artificial inflation, brownouts, $3 gas, earthquakes,
> fires, mudslides....

Hmm, you might have a few points there.  But FL is literally on fire as we
speak  :-D
I was going to suggest Memphis TN, but it would be gambling for about the
only entertainment.  Thought about Nashville TN but then it would be country
music.  What other centralized USA cities are there that actually might be
good places to visit for all?
Or is everyone actually thinking it could be broken into sections of West,
Midwest, Southeast, Northeast... or what?
If the number of people willing to do this dwindles to a mere few the
"convention" will probably fail to be realized.

Bob H.