POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: Convention : Re: Convention Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:04:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Convention
From: Bob H
Date: 1 Jun 2001 13:36:57
Message: <3b17d2b9@news.povray.org>
"Bill DeWitt" <bde### [at] cflrrcom> wrote in message

>     OK, so the idea is for a 2002 convention either in Orlando Florida USA
> or Atlanta Georgia USA or other location to be agreed upon in the USA.

Great idea.  The host of POV-Ray Chat on AOL has been bringing up the idea
of a get-together at his place northwest of Atlanta.  Started talking of it
a year or so ago.  Would be maybe three people going if so  :-)  He was just
there in FL, goes there sometimes.
Atlanta is relatively close to me but Orlando sounds good with the closeness
to beaches and so much stuff around.  I can't imagine too many people
travelling to there though unless they plan a vacation.  I'll certainly stay
tuned anyway.
What time of the year are we talking about here?  Not mid-summer I hope.

Far as the teleconferencing, I never have much luck with video calls.
Someone think they could actually work a multi-user conference?

And on the treasury aspect... well, I'll wait and see what people are going
to say about that too.  :-)

Bob H.