POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: Convention : Re: Convention Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:04:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Convention
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 1 Jun 2001 13:21:12
Message: <3b17cf08$1@news.povray.org>
"Tony[B]" <ben### [at] catholicorg> wrote in message
> Hmm, that's another option... but still, the closest POVers for me would
be
> in the States. Maybe if the ones who don't have to travel so far to get
the
> the convention could send a few bucks to the ones who would... Just a
> thought... :)

    If we do anything, we don't want it to take away the person to person
meeting of those who can meet.

    The video thing would be OK as long as it was maybe one site per couple
of thousand miles. For instance, a site in Orlando, one in Wisconsin or
something and one in California. A couple in Europe, Asia, S America and Oz.
A camera for Gail. But those who -can- get to the convention sites should.
If not we might as well be doing the newsgroup.