POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : zRCube (POV Clone) : Re: zRCube (POV Clone) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 08:17:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: zRCube (POV Clone)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 31 May 2001 16:07:44
Message: <3b16a490@news.povray.org>
In article <3b164ee8@news.povray.org> , Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>  wrote:

> it can be scanline rendering or raytracing; it doesn't care

You imply the rendering algorithm used to apply the radiosity light model
does not matter.  Are you really sure this holds true in case of raytracing?
Do the light models for reflection and refraction really work if you just
see the radiosity data as a surface color variation?  Would it be applied
prior or after the reflection/refraction is calculated?  I am just
wondering, if you are not sure - no problem, I am asking because I don't
know but would be interested in knowing because I never saw any written
description of the classic radiosity being used with recursive raytracing.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde