POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : AOL access to POVray : Re: AOL access to POVray Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:08:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: AOL access to POVray
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 30 May 2001 11:20:47
Message: <3b150fcf@news.povray.org>
In article <3b143a38@news.povray.org> , "yooper" <Out### [at] huntelnet>
wrote:

> Well ... that's exactly the problem I'm having ...
> AOL will not connect ... says it's not on their approved list of NG's !!!!

Yes, because you are not connecting to the correct _news_server_.  You need
to make sure you connect to "news.povray.org", but you are obviously
connecting to whatever AOL provides to access Usenet.  "news.povray.org" is
not part of Usenet so you cannot access these groups via Usenet.  Just look
at your current configuration and see what if different on the one using AOL
I.e. take a screenshot of the Outlook Express settings if the systems are
not in the same room/building - it helps to find differences faster.

     Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde