POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : AOL access to POVray : Re: Never Mind Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:17:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Never Mind
From: yooper
Date: 30 May 2001 02:23:30
Message: <3b1491e2@news.povray.org>

------

> I think that about sums it up. Whenever I access with a different
> news reader or on a different computer I go through the massive
> download session. However, if you just want to keep up with the
> times you don't have to download *all* the headers. You just
> download say the last 100 or so and keep up with new postings.

Hmmm ... how do I download only 100 headers?  I have it set
to get 250 at a time but I thought that only *displayed* the next 250 .
. .
and that all of them have already been downloaded when I did
the sync.  I know that it took a very long time just to sync the 26K
in General . . . and my HD was working the entire time. Will have
to experiment.

> When you get back home you will still have the full server
> available to you with only those messages you missed while
> you were away to download. I am assuming of course that you
> don't plan to be on the road for ever :)
> Ken Tyler

Nope . . . only about a year :)  Then I'll get hooked up again.
Until then I'll be hangin' out in the Great North Woods with
all my animal friends ;)  and learning what I can from them.
Hope to have a laptop and drop into civilization (or iz that
syphilization? ;) every now and then to hook up and touch
base with the Cyberworld.