POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : AOL access to POVray : Re: AOL access to POVray Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:26:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: AOL access to POVray
From: yooper
Date: 29 May 2001 22:29:38
Message: <3b145b12$1@news.povray.org>
The point is you don't use AOL to connect. You dial up to AOL then turn
off the AOL software without dropping the connection. Then use any news
client you want to connect to this server.

At least that's what I have been told anyway.

--
Ken Tyler
***

 That's what I'm trying now . . . I can get to the POVray server but
when
I try to synchronize, it fails. I'm using a new Outlook account to do
this
because I don't want to screw up this one . . . it's all I have right
now
and I don't want to change the settings.  I've used the same settings,
only
substituting the AOL for my normal ISP.  I have almost zero experience
with newsgroups so I'm pretty much just grasping at straws here . . .
if anyone is using this method to use Outlook Express via the AOL
hook up . . . I need specific info on what settings to use to tell OE
to use AOL.  It may be simple . . . but only if you know how ;) . . .
if you don't (like me), it's impossible to get it right without
direction.

I've got 5 days to figure it out or it's . . .
so long . . . been nice to know you. ;)