POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature Request : Re: Feature Request (window placements) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:20:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feature Request (window placements)
From: Bob H
Date: 29 May 2001 18:40:17
Message: <3b142551@news.povray.org>
"Rick [Kitty5]" <ric### [at] kitty5com> wrote in message
> > The render window could go on one and the program
> > on the other.
>
> thats what i was refering to - my post was not as clear as it could have
> been :)
>
> currently I have pov on my second vid, and moray \ rhino on my primary.
when
> povray renders it places the render window on my primary monitor
(everytime)
> instead of on the same monitor as pov
>
> how about if povray remembered the position of the last render window upon
> its close (and which vid it was on)

And here you meant: remember render window position after a close and
restart of POV-Ray...?  :-)
Well, the render window itself does retain the last position if it is closed
and reopened so that must be what you said.  Or... you're asking it only
retain the 2nd monitor xy placement, in which case that seems a video driver
issue to me.  Or yes to both ways.  Alas, I do not know anything about it
though.
Maybe if I weren't so lazy I'd plug in my other CRT and have a look for
myself to see if mine already does so.  Don't count me out yet though.

Bob H.