POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : AOL access to POVray : Re: AOL access to POVray Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:24:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: AOL access to POVray
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 29 May 2001 14:27:47
Message: <3b13ea23$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3b13cdb0@news.povray.org> , "yooper" <Out### [at] huntelnet>
wrote:

> I'm accessing the newsgroup via my local ISP right now . . .
> however, I will soon be on-the-road and using AOL to keep
> in contact with the cyberworld.  The problem is . . . I can't
> access POVray NGs using it.  Does anyone know how I can
> access these groups using AOL as the ISP?  I do have a free
> nettaxi email account that can use the AOL dialup . . . can
> anyone tell me if I can start an account here using that.

You don't need to change anything.  AOL gives you regular internet access
which is all you need and you can access these groups without problems.  You
just keep connecting with your current news client (Outlook Express) and do
_not_ change its configuration and it will keep working exactly as it does
right now.  If you use a different system you should make sure your news
client there really connects to news.povray.org as your current one does.

    Thorsten