POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray Webring : Re: POV-Ray Webring Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:06:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray Webring
From: Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba
Date: 25 May 2001 11:02:44
Message: <3b0e7414@news.povray.org>
Rune wrote in message <3b0cc3f1@news.povray.org>...
>I don't know if any of the rings are "official". What exactly does
>"official" mean anyway in this context?

I didn't want start holy war. The reason why I asked about officiality was
preaty easy. If I understand correctly there are two sides of rings and ring
masters are somewhere middle.
On one side is author of webpage. Most of us are rather busy with private life,
proffesion, studying, poving, etc. When somebody create webpage there could be
as less as posible steps of advertising it. He must jump to two rings, register,
customize code on page and increase size of page. On the otherside is surfer.
When he look at something he must look into two rings. For some pages (included
in both rings) he must download doubled size of code, more images etc. I just
think it is wasting. I just think it is interest for both to have one well
working ring. I just think that if anybody want share his power, activity and
creativity, he should try join to working people. Did you tried this ? Although
your ring seems more 'official' to me even if isn't in povray.org - mainly
becouse of using logo from contest you hosted. I think it should be good idea of
connecting your (povray.co.uk & company) activity with current povray.org web
team. Also I think it could be good idea of adding something like
povray.webpages group. I hope my English was enough.

Regards, ten days of rest with family before me.

--
#macro Sig(A,B,X)_(A,B)_(B,X)_(X,A)#end#macro _(A,B)cylinder{<A.x,A.y,3>,<B.u,
B.v,3>.1,9}#end global_settings{max_trace_level 9}light_source{0 1}camera{up y