POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : images in tile generator macro, FYI : images in tile generator macro, FYI Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:19:44 EDT (-0400)
  images in tile generator macro, FYI
From: Bob H
Date: 25 May 2001 06:20:16
Message: <3b0e31e0@news.povray.org>
Since I was trying to do this yesterday and the day before, and finally got
it to work right enough, thought I'd share a potential solution.

Was using Chris Colefax's Tile Generator macro and couldn't get the tiling
to merge correctly at first.  Knew I had done it before though so I didn't
give up.
I needed to move the pigment (image_map) to center, as in translate -0.5,
then scale up by 1.25.  For the "seam" I used 0.25.  That got it looking
about as good as I could get it.
Thought if anyone else was ever having difficulty too or for future
reference maybe that this will help someone.  It was just odd to me that a
image was behaving so differently from a pattern.  Anyway, those seem to be
almost the "magic numbers" for it to tile an image map properly.  Although,
that doesn't mean I'm actually doing it the right way.

Bob H.
--
http://webpages.charter.net/omniverse/omniverse.htm