POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : round edges : Re: round edges_ & Brick Arch_& Striscia Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:21:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: round edges_ & Brick Arch_& Striscia
From: Anoop Kumar
Date: 23 May 2001 10:42:23
Message: <3b0bcc4f@news.povray.org>
Hi,

>It's a dead link but with some searching I think I've got it. it's quite
old,
Yes, sorry. The correct link seems to be (I think)
http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/dvarrazzo/striscia/stri101.zip
I hope it is of help. By the way, there are some bugs - not in the macros,
but in the documents - minor ones; but if you get stuck do tell me. Or the
author - he's *very* helpful.
Also the method for making it into a solid mesh (you need Megapov for this)
is :
... mesh{Striscia{TRIANGLES}
    Diaframma{TRIANGLES, 0}
    Diaframma{TRIANGLES, gPathLength}
    inside_vector<*vec*>
    Texture {myTex}
   }
-- All these come right at the end where you usually have
object{Striscia}...etc. The Diaframma (caps) are a must if using for csg.
It's a lovely program if you persist with it (The 1000 & 1 declarations are
a bit off-putting;-))Good Luck with it. Who knows, enough people showing an
interest in it may encourage Dvarazzo to develop it even further.

Anoop