POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Animation modeler.. : Re: Animation modeler.. Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:20:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation modeler..
From: Batronyx
Date: 17 May 2001 23:02:13
Message: <3b0490b5$1@news.povray.org>
Rune wrote in message <3b029e63@news.povray.org>...
>"Batronyx" wrote:
>> 4. Convert each to a PoV mesh with utility of your
>> choice and run through Warp's mesh compressor.
>> 5. Use Chris Colefax's macros to render the animation;
>> use the morphing capabilities of the pcm hair macro, and
>> the Autoclock macro with values determined in Anim8or.
>
>I think it can only morph linearly between the keyframes, and that wouldn't
>look too good. Worth to try out though.

It's not really a major problem, just something to be aware of. Funny looking
transitions will simply need more keyframe poses inserted between them. AFAIK
most 'morphing' algorithms 'are' linear. At least that is the case in the few
other packages I've tried and in the few snippets of morphing code I've seen.