POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Building MPEG : Re: Building MPEG Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:28:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Building MPEG
From: Ed Brannin
Date: 6 May 2001 20:51:47
Message: <3af5f1a3$1@news.povray.org>
> >  1) what are the software for linux that are capable of encrypting a
good
> > animation for the IRTC. (ie: valid encryption)
> What's wrong with the MSSG encoder ? What do you mean by valid encoding ?
> The mpeg2encode tool is supposed to give you "valid" files since it has
been
> used for the test models of the MPEG Commitee.

Since Simon used the terms "IRTC" and "Valid" in the same sentence, I'll
assume he meant the following (from
http://www.irtc.org/anims/rules.html#anims ):

Only MPEG-1 format animation files are acceptable. "I", "P", and "B" frames
are permitted.
The MPEG file must be less than 5mb (5,242,880 bytes) in size.
The MPEG file may have any frame size or frame count. We recommend frames of
320x240 pixels, however, based on current widespread hardware and software
limitations.

well, I guess that's not too restrictive, save that MPEG-2 is a no-no.