POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.binaries : Re: Question: Irregular forms : Re: Question: Irregular forms Server Time
28 Jun 2024 23:47:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question: Irregular forms
From: Charles
Date: 4 May 2001 14:58:40
Message: <3af2fbe0$1@news.povray.org>
"sshelby" <ssh### [at] rexnetnet> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Charles,
> I looked at Rhino's website and was quite impressed. My question is this:
If
> one can afford to buy Rhino, would there be any need for Moray? In other
If you are teacher or student the price is very low.

> words, what can Moray do that Rhino can't?
> Steve Shelby

Moray is an excellent interface to POV. I use Rhino and Moray together. All
the modelling is done in Rhino, exported to UDO. Then I use the very very
fine Moray material editor and give it all to POV with a single klick.
I can't imagine an easier way.
Once POV is started you can work with other programs. Of course, the
rendering is slower then.

Rhino is (up to now) a modeler and not more. In the near future there will
be a rendering plug-in called flamingo. IMHO POV gives better results with a
lot of lights, and it's cheaper.

Rhino - Moray - Povray: the ultimate combination.

-C-H-A-R-L-E-S-