POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Clothsim problem : Re: Clothsim problem Server Time
2 Jun 2024 02:23:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Clothsim problem
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 12 Apr 2001 01:52:34
Message: <3ad542a2@news.povray.org>
Andy Cocker <big### [at] mariner9fsnetcouk> wrote in message

> I'm unsure as to what you're trying to achieve.. I did a test render
(having
> scaled up the cloth), and it looked like your attatch points are at the
> lower corners of the flag/banner... so the cloth would have to fall a long
> way AND back on itself to be where it should be with regard to the wind (I
> think... attatch points and position still cause me great headaches :-) )

I was getting very confused with the coord system.
(x positive to the right, y positive into scene, z positive up. Is that
correct?)
I'm used to the left handed system

> If you tell me the coordinates of where the flag should be in your scene,
> I'd be happy to send you a *.cl file.

I was trying for a banner attached to a pole top left and right (one side
slightly
lower than the other)

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll have another try with it tonight.

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza                *   Step into the abyss,           *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/   *   and let go.        Babylon 5   *
* The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer *