POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : POV has Antialias against Background? : Re: POV has Antialias against Background? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 02:45:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV has Antialias against Background?
From: User
Date: 2 Apr 2001 08:31:18
Message: <3ac87116@news.povray.org>
"Bogdan" <bog### [at] yahoocom> skrev i meddelandet
> Hi
>
> I am new to POV world...but allready  like it very much
>
> I have a problem: How to disable antialiasing against a background?
> is it possible?
>
> I need this because i am working at a RTS game...and we need to
> eliminate black borderes around our sprites ....
>
> Thx
> Bogdan

Hi,

I would suggest the use of alpha map in this case, that way
you may use one image for several backgrounds.
It would also require you to use direct x or Open GL
for the best performance. Both are possible without too
much hassle in assembler (since you use that). Otherwise
you will end up with too many images and problems
due to differences in backgrounds. For example a flying
object that passes over numerous houses etc.
I would recommend OpenGL for this since it is much
easier to implement for you in this case. Just create
a surface, bind the texture (picture of the object) onto
that surface. Apply blending and you are in business ;-)

Good luck on your game.

Michael.T.