POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Large numbers? : Re: Large numbers? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 01:19:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Large numbers?
From: Tek
Date: 30 Mar 2001 17:14:49
Message: <3ac50559@news.povray.org>
As I understand it POV does everything in floating point, which means the
largest number is ridiculously big (I expect way more than billions, 'cause
you can do 2 billion in integers). What it also means is that nothing is
ever precise, floating points suffer from a variable accuracy. so the bigger
the number the bigger the errors.

Dunno if that's of much help :(

--
Tek