POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Dumb question regarding spheres & cameras : Re: Dumb question regarding spheres & cameras Server Time
8 Aug 2024 01:21:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dumb question regarding spheres & cameras
From: Batronyx
Date: 22 Mar 2001 20:51:38
Message: <3abaac2a@news.povray.org>
The simple answer to your question is to play with the angle keyword.
If I remember correctly the default is 60. IMHO 45 is a better starting
point, but you will have to move your camera back further. This lets you
retain your perspective but minimizes the distortion. It works like a zoom
lens: move further back then reduce the angle to 'zoom' back in.

The reason removing up & right has no effect is partially because you've
specified the defaults, meaning they're still there even though you don't
explicitly say so.

p.s.  Try specifying look_at last - even after any transforms - but
especially after the up & right vectors: POV used the information you give
it about up & right to 'automagically' aim it for you with the correct
orientation.

Hope this helps. :)

bat### [at] cadronhsacom