POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Updated Website : Re: Updated Website Server Time
8 Aug 2024 08:11:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Updated Website
From: Chris Colefax
Date: 21 Mar 2001 18:13:05
Message: <3ab93581@news.povray.org>
Kevin Ellis <kev### [at] libertysurfcouk> wrote:
> Anyone have any idea why and how to fix it? I personally haven't got a
clue.

Netscape 4.x supports stylesheets if JavaScript is enabled, but in this case
"supports" is a fairly flexible term!  I think the main problem is that
Netscape doesn't give child elements of the document body the body's font
styles.  That means when you use paragraphs, quotes, table cells, etc.
(without specifying styles for these) POV-Ray uses the default style (i.e.
black serif font), rather than inherited styles.

The solution is to explicitly specify the basic font styles for all the
elements that will use them, e.g.:

body, p, td, blockquote {
   font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
   font-size: 0.25em;
   color: #eeeeee;
   }

Anything specific to the body or table cells, etc., can then go in their own
styles.