POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ElastoLab beta 4 released : Re: ElastoLab beta 4 released Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:11:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ElastoLab beta 4 released
From: Marjorie Graterol
Date: 11 Mar 2001 23:08:52
Message: <3aac4bd4@news.povray.org>
Pentium III, 160.0MB RAM and win98, second edition 4.102222A.

*I don't have Direct8 , and I did not want to download it today either. It
is possible to assume then that I am deaf, -which is possible for any user,
isn't it? :-) .  Completely aware of this, I opened some scenes with sound.
It obviously  brings an error to the screen, which is perfectly normal. What
happens is that the box appears many, many times for the same error. I had
to reset the machine, because it crashed. Is it possible for that box to
appear only once, ?

*At About (Help) there is an Unhandled Exception, ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND (of
course there is no help yet), but once again, it appears a lot of times.

*Although it is a beta version, -or precisely because of it-, a readme. file
is highly needed. I think it is necessary to state at least the purpose of
the software, to whom is intended,  and what can you expect to do with it.
It also counts for a screen that can say the same. It should be able to
"sell"  the software and give the user a reason to buy it, I think.

* Changing "gravity" (Please forgive me if it is not that!) at the clown
scene, gives an error "Primitive has failed".

Appearance -or what I see-

*The installation process is neat, straightforward and almost independent of
the user. It looks pretty good also.
However, there is little consistency between the interface and the frog that
welcomes the user. Maybe this is the goal (to keep it simple ). I don't know
how changing button would compromise simplicity and objectivity.  On the
other hand, buttons seem understandable- :-).

*The right click function is obviously locked. I really hope it is used, at
least to give a description of what is going on on the screen. Speaking of
which, the text size -in "Tips" is big. Maybe it is my setting, 1280*1024
but I am afraid it would be worse at 800*600.

* Labels or some sort of "tip" would be nice when editing environment.

* I saw the unlock dialog at least twice in unexpected -to me- places.

Overall, I think it is possible more refinement, and interaction with the
user. I am not aware of all what is behind, but I perceive there is a lot of
work.

Best Regards,
Marjorie Graterol