POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Problems with glass unions : Re: Problems with glass unions Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:10:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problems with glass unions
From: Jim Gould
Date: 5 Mar 2001 22:59:27
Message: <3aa4609f$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks,  I figured out the merge thing right after I posted this, but I
wasn't aware of the max_trace_level.  You answered my question and another.
After I switched it to a merge, I discovered that on a Duron 800, this would
still probably take about 2 weeks to render, (about 25000 spheres
differenced against a cylinder.)  I am experimenting with this now.  Hope to
share the results :)