POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to get camera parameters from photohraph : Re: How to get camera parameters from photohraph Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:07:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to get camera parameters from photohraph
From: Bob H
Date: 3 Mar 2001 15:47:32
Message: <3aa15864@news.povray.org>
I tried both, yes.  Neither is something I can work with, I'm GUI impaired
;-)
Canoma isn't exactly what the original question would call for I suppose
because it maps images onto models you build.  Photomodeler actually uses a
camera perspective with the photos from it to build the models.  I managed
to make some Canoma things, although badly, but in Photomodeler I couldn't
get a antique telephone to become textured with the photos I made of it.
Got the points in enough I thought except it wouldn't apply a image to the
surfaces.  It's such a long process I called it quits pretty quickly instead
of dragging on and on with it.  Supposedly it does work right, main thing is
that it uses your camera lens properties as a guide to the end result.

Bob H.