POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : #local access : Re: #local access Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:05:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: #local access
From: Rune
Date: 1 Mar 2001 18:45:51
Message: <3a9edf2f@news.povray.org>
"Ron Parker" wrote:
> but if you try to do that inside MyMacro you'll create a new D
> which is local to MyMacro and not the D which is external to
> MyMacro but local to myinc.inc.
> [actually, as you've noticed, this is an error.]

I don't think that's an error. I might want to create a variable local to
the macro. And the macro may be called from outside the inc. But even though
it is not an error, it still is a problem in many cases. Which bring us to
the 4th of the rules you stated:

> 4.) When ASSIGNING A VALUE TO AN EXISTING identifier using #declare,
> it assigns it to the most recent, most local version at the time.

I didn't know that! That's great! It solves my problems! Thanks!

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated January 28)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org