POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A pigeon/dove or other birds models - anyone? : Re: A pigeon/dove or other birds models - anyone? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:05:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A pigeon/dove or other birds models - anyone?
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 1 Mar 2001 11:19:10
Message: <3a9e767e@news.povray.org>
Geoff Wedig schrieb in Nachricht <3a9e67f9@news.povray.org>...
>Gilles Trans, in his discussion of the Wet bird scene, has a pointer to a
>little bird, done in sPatch.  I used it for my Door into Summer pic,
>forexample.  It's a fairly simple model, but depending on how detailed you
>want, it might be sufficient.

Thanks Geoff. I couldn't find the bird in your posted scenes, but I think
it's now in an unpublished version.
I got the model and it looks promising. Enough details for my scene, I
think. At least it's a startingpoint for more e modelling if necessary.
How did you do the textures? Or aren't they that important for your scene?
If Gilles fails to uv-map a texture on it, I better not even try (well, I
will but only if I have to). Or did you texture the individual patches?

Marc-Hendrik