POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : error: could not locate file (interface bug?) : Re: error: could not locate file (interface bug?) Server Time
8 Jul 2024 04:56:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: error: could not locate file (interface bug?)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 28 Feb 2001 18:09:25
Message: <3a9d8525$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3a9bd40d@news.povray.org> , "Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba"
<abx### [at] abxartpl> wrote:

> I have designed macro with file name as text parameter.
>    #macro MyMacro(FileName) /* work with stuff */ #end
> and than I call
>    MyMacro("stuff.txt")
> and it works fine
> than I want put full path to file
>    MyMacro("c:\test\stuff.txt")
> and it works fine, too

The fact that is works fine is nice, but you are using an _unsupported
feature_ here.  If you read the documentation you will find that only
those directories which are specified as include directories will be
searched, and you specify the whole path.

> but when I right clock and chose from context menu : Open "c:\test\stuff.txt"
> than there is message in status bar at bottom of the window : could not locate
> file

Of course, because there is no such include path that combined with your
part of the path will result in a valid path.

    Thorsten