POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Particle simulation. : Particle simulation. Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:12:19 EDT (-0400)
  Particle simulation.
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 27 Feb 2001 01:51:52
Message: <3a9b4e88@news.povray.org>
There's something that I've wanted to try for a long time but I haven't had
time to get into programming to do this. I'm beginning to wonder if maybe I
could do it with PoV - or maybe someone already has done something like
this.

What I want to do is a simulation of lot's of equally sized spheres spinning
perpetually  at the same speed with collision detection, mass and friction
properties set in a zero gravity environment. I'd like to see what happens
when they are thrown together at random. I'd also like to see if they'd be
able to stay in a 3d matrix format almost like a gear system.

Has anyone ever done something along these lines?

Nekar