POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Doc bug - substr() : Re: Doc bug? #range - not a doc bug. Server Time
8 Aug 2024 12:24:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Doc bug? #range - not a doc bug.
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 22 Feb 2001 12:31:32
Message: <3a954cf4@news.povray.org>
Francois Labreque <fla### [at] videotronca> wrote:

> Geoff Wedig wrote:
>>
>> Speaking of manual bugs, can anyone confirm that the #range feature for
>> #switch is actually lower < value <= upper and not lower <= value <= upper
>> like it says in the manual?

> The doc is correct.

> #switch( var)
>     #range (1, 10)
>         box{ 0, 1 pigment{ color rgb 1 }}
>     #else
>         sphere{ 0, 1 pigment { color rgb <1,0,0> }}
> #end

> creates a white box when var=1, not a red sphere as you think it would.

Hmm, then something else must be funny, because when I do

// Define a bunch of stuff.

#switch(clock)

  #range(0, 9)
    #define stuff
  #break
  #range(10, 20)
    #define stuff
  #break

#end

The 10th frame doesn't get any definitions from the switch, which is why I
mentioned this.  I had to set it to range(9.5, 20) to get it to work right.

So what else might be causing this?

Geoff