POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : File sizes in subject line : Re: File sizes in subject line Server Time
8 Aug 2024 06:19:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: File sizes in subject line
From: Duncan Gray
Date: 20 Feb 2001 19:01:46
Message: <3a93056a@news.povray.org>
Before I was on un-metered internet access, I was more particular about what
I downloaded. I generally configured my news-reader to download headers
only, and would go off-line and from the brief text in the subject line
would decide whether to mark the message for download or not.

Knowing the size of attachments before downloading the body I found helpful,
and the news reader I used then would only tell me the size of the
attachment after it was downloaded.

I'm not sure if O.E. will give this information or not prior to downloading
the body, but for the sake of a couple of keystrokes I try to be courteous
and put the size there for anyone else who might still pay for their
internet connection by the minute, and would like to know how big it is
before they download it.

These days I don't pay by the minute, so it doesn't make any difference to
me, I download them all.

Was there any particular reason that you would rather not put the size in
the subject line ?

Regards
--
Duncan Gray