POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mushy Sphere (37KB) : Re: Mushy Sphere (37KB) Server Time
6 May 2024 22:10:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mushy Sphere (37KB)
From: Duncan Gray
Date: 20 Feb 2001 18:24:56
Message: <3a92fcc8@news.povray.org>
Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:
> (I'll have to look up "gobsmacked" somewhere,
> but I have a feeling that my dictionary doesn't
> have that word :)

My apologies - I must be more careful with my use of English - your English
is so good that I  forget it is not your first language.

My definition of Gobsmacked would be:

Stunned. As though one has just been slapped across the face with a large
fish.

But my dictionary defines it as:

Gobsmacked: Adjective. (slang) Flabbergasted, utterly amazed or overawed.
Flabbergasted: Astounded (to shock with surprise)
Overawed: Overcome with awe (respect or admiration)

Therefore if I may respond again to your picture:

--
Wow. I am utterly amazed by you picture and as stunned as person who has
just been slapped on the face with a large, wet fish. The first view of your

(I liked it very much. But such a short phrase cannot possibly describe how
much I liked it  :-)
--
Duncan Gray
(warning: may contain traces of nut)