POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A Rusty movie? : Re: A Rusty movie? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 06:20:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Rusty movie?
From: =Bob=
Date: 14 Feb 2001 00:06:50
Message: <3a8a126a@news.povray.org>
Is the Internet Movie Project still active?

=Bob=

"John VanSickle" <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
: I have, from time to time, received queries regarding a possible Rusty
: animation longer than what can be done under the constraints of the
: IRTC.  At this point I'm willing to explore the possibility of such a
: project.
:
: I envision something of about a half hour in length.  At a resolution
: of 512x384, such an animation should fit on a CD-ROM, and can at higher
: resolutions be distributed on video tape.
:
: There are things I want to stress before jumping into this.
:
: First, if such an effort were to detract from the Internet Movie
: Project, meaning that people stop work on that in order to work on a
: Rusty movie, I won't go forward with it. I don't want to slow up the
: effort going on over there.
:
: Second, I intend to donate the first salable effort to the POV-Ray
: team, so that they can use whatever proceeds come from it to support
: the continued development of POV-Ray.  Everyone involved would have to
: agree to this.
:
: Third, I will probably give up my participation in the IRTC in order
: to concentrate on this project.  Not a big deal, I'm sure.
:
: I humbly solicit any thoughts the POV-Ray community may have on this
: matter.
:
: Regards,
: John