POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : unexpected rotation result : Re: unexpected rotation result Server Time
8 Aug 2024 08:15:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: unexpected rotation result
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 5 Feb 2001 14:39:50
Message: <3a7f0186@news.povray.org>
Scott Hill <sco### [at] ncgraphicsnet> wrote in message
>     Most experienced programmers/scripters do - it's the safest way to get
> any language to do what _you want_, rather than what _it thinks you want_
!
> E.g, what does 1+2*3-4 evaluate to ?

If the rules of precedence that I remember are correct then that equals 3,
but it's
not clear from a quick look. I tend to use brackets if there are more that 3
terms
in an expression, regardless of whether they are actually needed or not.

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza              * System.dat not found.         *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/ * Reformat hard drive Y)es O)k  *
* If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0               *