POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Solid Explosions : Re: Solid Explosions Server Time
8 Aug 2024 08:17:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Solid Explosions
From: Tom Melly
Date: 5 Feb 2001 08:20:26
Message: <3a7ea89a$1@news.povray.org>
"Gilles Tran" <tra### [at] inapginrafr> wrote in message
> Rune wrote:
>
> > Let's try to find out how explosions *really* look. So please post lots
of
> > links to images and/or animations of real explosions! :)
>
> http://www.vce.com/pyro.html
>
> G.

Bit hard to tell from the stuff available on the above link, as it shows
either explosions taking place against black or solid colour backgrounds.
Couldn't someone on this ng volunteer to blow up a large object, having
arranged a b+w checkerboard the size of the titanic behind it?

I strongly suspect that explosions are "solid" in appearence, but since
AFAIK my experience of such explosions is entirely based on movies, I may
just be perpetuating a fiction.

However, it would seem likely that an explosion both absorbs other light via
particles, etc. as well as emitting.