POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Cloth simulator v. 0.1.0 : Re: Cloth simulator v. 0.1.0 Server Time
17 Jun 2024 05:42:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cloth simulator v. 0.1.0
From: Mark Wagner
Date: 27 Jan 2001 00:27:24
Message: <3a725c3c@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote in message <3A71BCBD.2B3F1FA4@gmx.de>...

>>         If you remember the cloth simulator I did for my latest IRTC
entry, and
>> of which I'd posted a couple of samples two month ago, I've just put a
>> new version online. The core simulation engine is exactly the same, but
>> now it reads its parameters from a file, so you don't need to recompile
>> eache time

And just today I'd started making these modifications to version 0.0.0 :-)

>When compiling it with cygwin, it only complained about the 'if
>(!isfinite(tmp))' in vector.cc.  I just commented it out to get it running
>and it worked nice although with the sample parameters in the docu, it
>generated 'NaN' values in the output.

The algorithm used is numerically unstable.  Under certain circumstances,
points will start heading off towards infinity.  isinfinite() attempts to
detect this and currently stops calculations with an error.

>>         If you have other ideas, or if you'd like some features to be
implemented
>> first, don't hesitate to tell it!

If you haven't already implemented it, I'd like interaction with spheres (or
even better, blobs ;-).

--
Mark