POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 4 disk 3.1g installation hangs on w02 : Re: 4 disk 3.1g installation hangs on w02 Server Time
8 Aug 2024 08:19:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 4 disk 3.1g installation hangs on w02
From: Andy Cocker
Date: 25 Jan 2001 15:23:17
Message: <3a708b35@news.povray.org>
Is there a particular reason that you can't download the single executable
file?
When I first installed POV, I had no internet access, so I downloaded the
floppy-sized executable and additional files. I never actually tried to
install POV directly from these floppies though. Instead I copied all six
(?) files into a temporary directory on my HD, and ran the install from
there. Always worked no problem.

It sounds to me like you must have got a faulty download. Maybe it's not
even file 2 that's the problem.. maybe the first one is the one that's
corrupt, and it's *that* that's stopping disc 2 working. I dunno.. I'm
guessing here (obviously :-) )

Hope this has been of some assistance

--
Andy Cocker

listen to my music at:
www.mp3.com/lunarland

'I spilled spot remover on my dog. He's gone now. '
'I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time."
So I ordered french toast during the Renaissance. '

 - Steven Wright.