POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mandelbrot page : Re: Mandelbrot page Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:23:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mandelbrot page
From: Tom Melly
Date: 24 Jan 2001 11:14:46
Message: <3a6eff76$1@news.povray.org>
"Greg M. Johnson" <gre### [at] my-dejanewscom> wrote in message
> I think the pov code for making Mandel patterns is very cool, I like doing
> multiple-OoM zooms on it.
>
> Q's:
> 1. Can you zoom on that ASCII code?

Yes, try changing the opening params to:

#declare XStart = -1.5;
#declare XEnd = -1;
#declare YStart = 0;
#declare YEnd = 0.5;

Also, with my error, at this resolution the mandel is not so good, so change
the code I posted from:

      #declare TReal = TReal + Real;
      #declare TImaginary = TImaginary + Imaginary;
      #if(((TReal * TReal) + (TImaginary * TImaginary)) > 4)
        #declare Inside = false;
        #declare Counter = Iterations;
      #end
      #declare TReal = TReal + Real;
      #declare TImaginary = TImaginary + Imaginary;
      #declare Counter = Counter + 1;

to: