POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Media question : Re: Media question (again ;-) ) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 08:15:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media question (again ;-) )
From: Jonathan Hunt
Date: 22 Jan 2001 18:51:52
Message: <3a6cc798@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

Well thanks to Margus, I got my fireball rendering again, and it
looks almost exactly the same as it did before with the halos
which is great, except for one thing.  The media version looks
*so* much grainer than the halo version did.  Is this how it's
supposed to be?  It also seems to render a lot slower. Am I
expecting too much?

I can make the media version less grainy by increasing the number
of samples, but to get it looking as good as the halo the number
of samples needs to be so high that the render speed drops to
a crawl.

Am I alone in having this problem?  If so, it's probably me just
doing something silly again :-)

Cheers,

--
Jonathan