POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Equations : Re: Equations Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:23:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Equations
From: Bob H
Date: 22 Jan 2001 03:56:03
Message: <3a6bf5a3$1@news.povray.org>
"J-Print News" <vir### [at] iconcoza> wrote in message
> Another question. What exactly is meant by the term 'patch'?

Patches are like 2D areas which can be curved in a 3D way.  Like parts of a
patchwork quilt.
Triangles and polygons could be said to be patches also I suppose, except you
can't bend a triangle physically and the usual polygon is flat too (although
points could leave the 2D plane).
Hopefully I'm not misinforming too much.

Bob H.