POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Request to web authors : Re: Request to web authors Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:26:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request to web authors
From: Rune
Date: 19 Jan 2001 11:18:39
Message: <3a6868df@news.povray.org>
"Lutz Kretzschmar" wrote:
> You can use the netmind service (http://www.netmind.com/)
> to do this on any website.

Hmm, don't know that one. How does it work?

I use ByteCenter myself. ( http://www.bytecenter.com/ )
It works this way. I have a form on my website where people can submit their
e-mail.
There's no limitations to the design of this form. The form call a script at
ByteCenter which forwards the submitted data to me.
Then I put all the addresses in the BCC field when sending out news per
e-mail.

There's no ads or anything. The only disadvantage is that user has to
confirm the data-transmission on a warning page before it's send. This is so
people can't use the service to get peoples' credit card numbers and the
like. You have no control over the look of the warning page, but it looks
rather neutral with no ads or anything.

Basically I think ByteCenter offers a very good service.

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated January 6)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org