POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : POV Texture Editor : Re: POV Texture Editor Server Time
2 Jul 2024 10:15:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Texture Editor
From: Steve G
Date: 18 Jan 2001 16:23:56
Message: <3a675eec@news.povray.org>
I have moray on my system. Ive seen the material editor and I must say im
quite impressed by it. But again, its not free, and after 10 or 15 test
renders, a nag box shows up. I respect the fact that the author of moray did
spend much time and sweat on it, but I just don't like nag boxes. So I'm
still continuing the design of the app. It will behave much like moray's
material editor does (It was not intentional, I had already begun laying out
the dialogs and parameter boxes before I had seen moray's. I guess the
author and I have the same tastes in GUI design/layouts) but there will be
features he hasnt done yet, like refraction, average function, visual slope
map editor, and all the usual features. So far, all the controls are layed
out, I just need to tie all the controls together and start making it render
something. As to real time previews, I had considered building a custom
renderer based on pov source, with much of the bells and whistles removed so
I could get faster previews, but I'm not sure that will be a version 1.0
feature =) Lets see how it all turns out. Thanks for the input guys, seeing
these responses makes it worthwhile =)