POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Equations : Re: Equations Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:25:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Equations
From: Chris Colefax
Date: 17 Jan 2001 19:24:30
Message: <3a6637be@news.povray.org>
J-Print News <vir### [at] iconcoza> wrote:
> I'd like to find out more in depth info about the equations for Iso
> surfaces, NURBS and beziers.
> For instance, how copuld I use  them in BASIC?

All three are surfaces created by well-defined mathematical rules, and so
should be "useable" in any programming language that offers the necessary
mathematical functions.  The question, however, is what you mean by "use".
Do you want to draw representations of them on screen?  If so, do you want
to raytrace them, or tesselate them to draw wireframe images?  Do you want
to calculate properties of the surfaces?