POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Panoramic camera : Re: Panoramic camera Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:27:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Panoramic camera
From: Chris Colefax
Date: 17 Jan 2001 19:12:02
Message: <3a6634d2@news.povray.org>
Jonathan Hunt <jon### [at] xlcuscouk> wrote:
> I'm trying to use a panoramic camera...
>
> camera {
>   panoramic
>   angle 360
>   location <0.12, 0.05, -1.4>
>   look_at <0.12, 1.05, -1.4>
> }
>
> ...but no matter what I set 'angle' to, it doesn't seem to have any
> affect on the image produced.  I'm trying to set it to 360, but it
> looks more like 180, or maybe even less.
>
> Can you not change the FOV on the panoramic camera?  Or am I just
> doing something stupid?

There is a known bug in the panoramic camera code (or a problem with the
docs) - either way, you can't render angles larger than 180 degrees.  If you
want a projection that renders the entire scene in one image, you could use
the spherical camera available in MegaPOV
(http://nathan.kopp.com/patched.htm), or render two 180 degree views using
the panoramic camera (facing in opposite directions) and stitch them
horizontally together.