POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The PC Plus magazine mentions POV-Ray : Re: The PC Plus magazine mentions POV-Ray Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:28:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The PC Plus magazine mentions POV-Ray
From: Bob H
Date: 16 Jan 2001 05:18:56
Message: <3a642010@news.povray.org>
"Tor Olav Kristensen" <tor### [at] onlineno> wrote in message

> (I thought you had completely disappeared. I didn't realize
> that you had started signing Bob H., instead of Bob Hughes.)

Never really left, just haven't been frequenting the povray groups as much.
Nothing quite like real life to hamper ones existence, and isn't that a paradox
or what?
Name change coincided with reading more diverse newsgroups so went with some
anonimity rather than full name (like it matters, ha ha).

> I have not tried any other ray tracers, so I don't know what
> kind of competition POV-Ray has out there.

Of any free ones, well, can't surpass POV-Ray I don't believe.  There are so
many I'm sure that I never see most either.  Commercial programs sure have a
lot going for them maybe but I haven't been swayed to the dark side yet,
probably because I know I'd be disappointed in one way or another.

> Btw.: I went along and had a look at your POV-gallery again.
> (http://hometown.aol.com/iotadot/gallery1.htm)
> There I found an image I don't remember having seen before:
> "Coffee table". I like it.
> Does this mean that you have updated your site lately ?

Not at all.  Pitiful.  That coffee table was done long ago, before half the
stuff there actually.  Thanks for taking another look though.  I need to get
more done so I can add to it.
Oh, sorry for the bad web page frames (AOL) which you might have encountered
while there.

Bob H.