POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Request: deform : Re: Request: deform Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:20:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request: deform
From: Rune
Date: 10 Jan 2001 11:06:34
Message: <3a5c888a@news.povray.org>
"Warp" wrote:
> Meshes and bicubic patches can't be transformed non-linearly.

How comes I just knew you would say that?

>   If you apply a true non-linear transform to a mesh, that
> would bend the individual triangles.

That would be a perfect non-linear transform. I'm talking about an
approximation. If things have to be perfect in order to be "true", there's
lots of things POV-Ray and MegaPov can't do:

TRUE atmospheric effects.
TRUE radiosity.
TRUE caustics.
TRUE focal blur.
TRUE fractals.
TRUE area lights.
TRUE motion blur.
...and the list goes on...

How come you never complain when people say these things can be done?

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated January 6)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org