POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Request: deform : Re: Request: deform Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:20:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request: deform
From: Rune
Date: 10 Jan 2001 11:06:31
Message: <3a5c8887@news.povray.org>
"Chris Colefax" wrote:
> If you would like to experiment a little with mesh and patch
> deformations, without modifying the POV code just yet,
> perhaps you should look at the Compressed Mesh macro file in
> conjunction with Warp's Mesh Compressor:
>
>    http://www.geocities.com/ccolefax
>
> The Compressor and Macros combined give you access to the
> vertices of meshes (including bicubic patch models), and you
> are free to warp these at will. Using various MegaPOV
> features (such as eval_pigment), you could even try out
> ideas like your pattern warps.

Yes, I've thought of that too. Actually I downloaded the said utilities a
little while ago for that exact reason.

I haven't tried out my ideas yet, but since quite a few
calculations-per-vertice have to be done, I think it will be rather slow in
POV-script. It is worth a try though.

Thanks for the feedback!

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated January 6)