POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What happened to off-topic? : Re: What happened to off-topic? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:20:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What happened to off-topic?
From: Bill Dewitt
Date: 4 Jan 2001 00:00:54
Message: <3a540386@news.povray.org>
"Peter J. Holzer" <hjp### [at] SiKituwsracat> wrote :

> Yes, you should. If I were a guest at your house and you ordered me to
> shut up or leave for any reason (because I was insulting your other
> guests, was discussing inappropriate (in your opinion) subjects or
> simply saying something you didn't like) I certainly would comply.

    But this is not Ken's house, I was not insulting anyone and I asked
legitimate questions and made reasonable comments about the subject of "what
happened to off-topic", ie: the subject at hand.

    If you told me to shut up in a business, perhaps a restaurant,
that -someone-else- owned, someone who had -not- asked me to stop asking
simple questions about the restaurant, I would respond as I do to any other
mouthy, bossy, sanctimonious, intrusive customer or employee.