POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What happened to off-topic? : Re: What happened to off-topic? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:20:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What happened to off-topic?
From: Bill Dewitt
Date: 3 Jan 2001 12:52:43
Message: <3a5366eb$1@news.povray.org>
"Ron Parker" <ron### [at] povrayorg> wrote in message
news:slr### [at] fwicom...
> On Wed, 3 Jan 2001 12:17:51 -0500, Bill Dewitt wrote:
> >    I can point you to some flame wars if you need to learn the
difference.

> Now see, that's what I'm talking about.  Rather than say "what you think
> is a flamewar doesn't compare to some I've seen" you insult my
intelligence
> and/or education instead.  Thanks for the example, though.

    Your interpretation of my statement is more insulting than any
reasonable interpetation can possibly imply. -That- is how people get their
feelings out of joint, making up insults where none exist. I repeat, if you
need to see what flame wars -really- are, and what a -real- insult is like,
let me know. If you have to squeeze an insult out of what I said, you might
be surprised what is available. BTW, calling my statement an insult to your
intelligence means you have answered the question of "-if- you need to learn
the difference" in the positive, then got insulted by the results
of -your-own- answer. You might want to practice up before you go looking
for some flamewars.

> nobody in off-topic was particularly creative

    See? I can squeeze an insult out of your statements too... Next lesson,
what happens when you don't try to get the last word with someone who
insists on being insulted by every imaginary slight.