POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What happened to off-topic? : Re: What happened to off-topic? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:23:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What happened to off-topic?
From: Bill Dewitt
Date: 3 Jan 2001 12:17:50
Message: <3a535ebe@news.povray.org>
"Ron Parker" <ron### [at] povrayorg> wrote :

> [1] and yes, they are flamewars.  If you're one of the few people Matt
never
> called stupid or a liar, you obviously never tried reasoning with him.

    I can point you to some flame wars if you need to learn the difference.
Pointing out that someone may have said something the writer considers
stupid is not a flame war. Two or more people slamming each other with every
name in the book with no attempt to discuss a subject at all is a flame war.

    We have had vigorous discussions that sometimes descended into an insult
or two... and one guy who cannot see that his sigs are out of line... Big
Diff.