POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 2D Proximity : 2D Proximity Server Time
8 Aug 2024 12:21:21 EDT (-0400)
  2D Proximity
From: Rune
Date: 29 Dec 2000 05:45:14
Message: <3a4c6b3a@news.povray.org>
I have experimented with using heightfields to make smooth text. In a 2D
program I make some white text on a black background and then I blur it. The
problem is that the text becomes smooth not only in the depth direction; the
outline becomes smooth too, which is not good.

I think instead of blurring the text I need to use some kind of proximity
function on it. However, I don't know how to do it. MegaPov's proximity
pattern is too slow and grainy. Is there any freeware program that can do
what I need, or is there any special method I can use?

(I also experimented with using blobs for the smooth text, but it had the
same problem.)

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated December 17)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org