POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What happened to off-topic? : Re: What happened to off-topic? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:21:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What happened to off-topic?
From: Lance Birch
Date: 28 Dec 2000 04:24:22
Message: <3a4b06c6@news.povray.org>
Zeger Knaepen wrote:
> Everyone's talking about the abuse of pot, but it looks like I didn't
really
> check that group very often...  What kind of abuse?  I don't really
> understand how a newsgroup, designed to talk about *any* subject, can be
> abused?

It wasn't designed to discuss any subject, it was designed to move off topic
conversation out of the main groups.  Just because it's called off-topic is
no excuse for personal attacks, flamewars and abusive behaviour with respect
to the beliefs of others.

By the way, I won't reply to any posts made in response to this one; I
believe it's a waste of server space and bandwidth discussing this here.
The choice was made by the owner of the server, and since he's kindly
supplying us with this forum for POV-Ray, let's not abuse that privilege.

--
Lance.

http://come.to/the.zone